- Props make difficult poses more accessible and safe. They allow even those who start late in life to hold poses for a long time, without strain.
- People tend to stretch from their more flexible areas and rely on their better-developed muscles for strength. Props encourage weak parts to strengthen and stiff areas to stretch, thus balancing and realigning the whole body.
- Props allow us to practice inverted poses safely and to reverse the downward pull of gravity, slowing down the aging process.
- Props allow older practitioners with balance problems to practice the weight-bearing standing poses, helping them to remain independent and out of wheelchairs.
- Props help create space in the spine and the joints, ever more important as we grow older and cope with issues such as osteoporosis, arthritis and joint replacements.
- Props help prevent injuries and help old injuries to heal.
- Props help us conserve and replenish energy, which becomes increasingly important as we grow older and also during times of illness.
- Props allow us to stay in poses long enough to release tension and experience deeper levels of relaxation.
You can visit buy-yoga.com if you need yoga equipment like yoga mats, yoga blocks, etc.