Yoga bricks or yoga blocks are considered to be the most widely known and used props in yoga. The main function of yoga blocks is to aid yogis to get into postures that they find difficult to do. Yoga blocks are helpful especially you still haven’t developed the flexibility and suppleness that most yoga asanas requires. They also help individuals feel comfortable while performing their exercises as well as help improve their body alignment. With the aid of yoga blocks you can now stretch, strengthen and align your body without causing much strain to the other muscles.
These blocks can be strategically placed under the feet or hands or even your seat. And they allows you to intensify your yogic stretches and also achieve the right position without much effort. This is extremely helpful for beginners who do not have the much needed flexibility. These blocks are most commonly used in asanas like Ardha Chandrasana and Virasana.
The main aim of the custom printed yoga block is to help the individual find freedom when performing a particularly difficult asana, primarily those that require the lengthening of the spine. They are considered to be excellent in cases where you need just a little lift or a push to open your chest or reach your feet, as the same time ensuring that your breath flows easily down the spine.
Yogas block come in different shapes, sizes and materials. The materials used are foam, bamboo, wood and even cork. The most preferred size is 9″ x 6″ and they are usually rectangular in shape. Although the height can vary, the basic height of blocks is 4 inches. You can purchase other shapes like circular, square and even ones that are shaped like neck and head supports. However it’s best to ensure that you choose one that fits your requirement. Most instructors advise beginners to start off with the standard sizes. And once the yogi gains flexibility and ability to extend they can then experiment with different sizes and shapes. You can even use a combination of blocks to help you with various difficult positions; however these are usually used by advanced practitioners.
Blocks made of foam are most commonly preferred because they are not very expensive, are easy to find and are easy to store. However if you are looking for more stability then wooden blocks are the best. If on the other hand you want to enjoy flexibility as well as sturdiness then cork yoga block are the best.
Other Benefits of Yoga Blocks
Although yoga blocks help you execute a poses well, they have other benefits for the yogi. Let’s look at some of the important ones.
- By providing support, they allow your body to maintain the right alignment.
- They are excellent for reducing distances between the ground and your body.
- Yoga blocks help to modify poses according to individual convenience thereby helping you increase the flexibility in your body.
- With the help of yoga blocks your body will go through the least amount of stress and strain, especially when you’re practicing a difficult pose.
- With the help of yoga blocks you will easily hold on to difficult poses and for a longer time as well.
- The risk of straining your muscles as well as injuries is reduced.
- Expectant mothers benefit from the use of yoga blocks since they reduce the amount of energy required to perform asanas.
Fuqing Shengde Plastic & Rubber Products Co., Ltd. was established in 1995, focusing on yoga products, has 20 years experience in providing a variety of colors and unique texture for your choice. Browse more yoga products at buy-yoga.